Wednesday, September 29, 2010

H-H-H-Hockeyville



So, I just started looking on Getty Images at the pictures from Sabre adventures in Dundas, and it kinda just crossed my mind that this was actually such an awesome thing for the little town.

Last night, we were discussing how it was good that we didn't go, because it was really important for the town (they probably would have sniffed us out) to have their own thing.

I live ten minutes from the arena, and can decide at 6 pm if I'm going to a game, and obviously not everyone can do that with a team. Dundas is close to both us and Toronto, but its not the same luxury.

Seeing those little kids standing in the rain waiting for players, and seeing the players stand there getting wet to sign for them, and handing out pucks, and going to their schools really tug at the heart strings. You know it's a good time when Lindy gets involved. Lindy interacting with little children is like watching a walrus juggling: you don't expect it, you don't know what to do when it happens, and it's so cute to watch.
Even the little things like this!

All the players that were spoken to commented on how they were once in the little kids positions (even Lindy, though he was never a little kid). I can only begin to imagine the thrill for them. I spent the first four years of my life living in a town outside Montreal that was so small, you didn't know it was there unless you were almost out of gas on the 40, I'm sure something like that there would have been tremendous (and they would have all been rooting for the Sabres).

And, and even bigger treat, we beat the friggin Senators! Without Thomas Vanek scoring! Granted, it was their B-team (Chris Neil doesn't count, hes lucky he's not on the Y team), but we're desperate, we'll take it!

Though I must say, the high point of the evening was Shelby yelling six stories down (she was in my apartment, I was walking into the building) that Thomas had the A. I love that weirdo.

Not to mention, I could have scored the first goal, but it's something we can hold in our defense when they're kicking our ass in the coming months.

I must say, I am very fond of Mr. Niedermayer (can't imagine many who aren't). I was so excited when we signed a Niedermayer, I didn't care which one it was. Even if his signing bliss only lasted mere hours until Patty signed, it's still awesome.

I was annoyed when Tyler got more of a cheer on the red carpet when they were together. Nothing against Tyler, I know he had a great year and everyone is excited, but it's a friggin Niedermayer!


He has the bushiest beard EVER, his gray hair indicates wisdom, HE KNOWS WHAT THE FRIGGIN CUP LOOKS LIKE!

What he's doing here, I don't know. I just hope no one makes him wonder that....

Necessary mommy picture, classssssy


1 comment:

  1. I'm still laughing about the fact that their mother's name is Carol. Who would have thunk? The Nieds brothers have such epic playoff beards.

    ReplyDelete