Monday, September 27, 2010

Fancy, Boys!

Maybe there's something about the off season that just deflates me of all hockey decency (Darcy Syndrome) because the first preseason game always reminds me of the tactics of attending a hockey game. Especially when going with Shelby.

Saturday, as we know, embarked as the last team to start their pre-season. Once again, it was against the Leafs, once again, we won (I feel like we're not allowed to lose in pre-season, or against the Leafs), and once again the Sabres arrived in style.

Or so I'm told, to be perfectly honest, a certain event at the red carpet wiped my mind clean of basically everything but my social security number.

Shut up, you adore it! Jordan Leopold, you get credit for trying (and for naming your daughter Jordyn), but no.

Nice try getting me to learn to appreciate you, bonus points there.

Anyways, on to the game portion of the night.

We were early, of course, because of the red carpet event. Shelby and I are rarely early to the game unless it's San Jose or for some reason I miscalculated. Our typical routine is arrive, buy raffle tickets/poster, head to 100 levels for warm ups. But I was so busy running around the arena to find our one friend who works the concession stand to show her the adorableness above, that didn't happen.

Come to think of it, when I saw them coming out for warm ups on the screen, I was kind of like ' oh, right, they do that.' None the less, very excited to see that Mr. Timmy was wearing an A, and not even that shocked that Robbie had one too. I have a feeling that is going to stick.


Shelby and I sat in the 200 section, as you can see my the clear cups (I'm sure she's glad I didn't use the other picture of our drinks that night). I would save up to sit there during the season, at least for one game. I'm all for situations where you don't have to stand up (except for peanut butter pie, totally worth it!).

Pre-Season is always interesting in the sense that you watch the games and, even on the other team, are you puzzled by numbers and names that you've never seen before and, in a few days, won't see until next pre-season.

Never the less, it was nice to see new guys, Robbie and Shaoooone, play for the first time. One thing that irked me on the red carpet is that people cheered louder for big Tyler than Robbie when they were near each other. Yes, he won the Calder, but for crying out loud we have a NIEDER BROTHER!

Sigh, hopefully over time. He did score, so, bonus points.

I don't know, I never see the point of re-capping the jist of the game- if you didn't see it, you already know. Robbie scored, Nate broke half his bones taking out a Leaf, somehow we won with a rookie goalie in net. All impressive, yes, but why should I bore you repeating it?

Instead, I shall leave you with this:

She was pointing to the mean fans who are mean to her daddy!

Lets see how the big guy does tonight!

1 comment:

  1. If you used the other pictures of our drinks, everyone could've seen how stoopy I am in real life.

    ReplyDelete