Sunday, September 19, 2010

You Can See Hockey on the Horizon...Unless You're Toni Lydman


Yesterday at Puck Drop was very similar to three (four?) years ago.

Watching players, some that you can't name yet, come out from behind the curtain in " new" (that term being used both to say that no, they're not and ' dude, you leaked it, Sabres) jerseys. I must say, my reaction was relatively the same.

" Hey, look at that"

followed by

" Well they're not as bad as I thought"

followed by

" We really need to not hire Stevie Wonder's cousin to make these bad boys"

and then

" Why is everyone so constipated?"

and finally

" Who is going to spend money on this crap?"

Fast forward six months, probably me. Once the slug debuted, and I didn't care, it was that February I found myself owning one. However, am I the only one who really doesn't mind the slug? It's not that bad, unless you're totally ignoring the New York Islanders and the bad things they have come up with.

Hey, we can always get it right for the 50th anniversary, right? Or, as I plan to call it, " Patty Lalime's Retirement Year" and I'll be 33, ick.

Really the only thing " new" coming from Puck Drop yesterday was that it's pronounced ' Shaun' not ' Shane.' Shelby and I have set ourselves up for nine months of ' ....Shaun' ' who?' ' Shane!'

Also in the " new" category, Shelby and I FINALLY owning the Craig Rivet jerseys we promised ourselves...I don't know when, actually. Originally we were going to share one, but thankfully the economy improved enough so we wouldn't have to. I can justify spending $45 on a jersey, and even though Craigory is in what COULD be his last year, it's more logical than spending $150 on a logo we also had last year. But, what can you do?

Moving on.

This time of the year, I like to take a look at pretty much anyones training camps, just because you're so happy everything is slowly returning. And thank you to Darcy, there's always a new team you pay special attention to, because players you still adore now call there home.

There's been little information about Hank in his new home (other than, as of right now, he will be wearing #7), but the Devils are having a hard time on reporting on anyone whose name doesnt begin with the letter K and ends with olvachuk. Yeah, if he thought Ryan Miller was bad...this guy has an accent.

Wayyyyyyyy out in California, Toni hasn't even an ice rink yet. Actually, he's seen two. Shelby told me earlier in the week that Toni is already going to miss some time with an eye injury. Turns out he's suffering from double vision, and NO ONE for the life of them can figure out what it is.

It's California, if Botox can't fix, they don't know what the hell to do.

Ducks fan(s) are already mad that he's hurt, but until they see Tim Connolly break his spine from sneezing too hard, they don't know what real problems are.

Hopefully he's back to his normal, angry self soon. Four Sedins on one team? That's pretty harsh. At least it didn't happen to him, two Hanks I'm sure he can handle, but two Roys? He'd leave all over again.

Speaking of seeing double, I actually don't think Toni left.


That is apparently Jordan Leopold, but come on, we're not stupid. That messy, blonde hair totally says ' I'm Finnish, love me!'

Until he turns around.

But if we're careful, we'll never have to see him do that.

1 comment:

  1. I was wondering what photo you were stealing. I forgot I got a ton of him without his helmet on. I can't get over the resemblance with Toni.

    ReplyDelete