Wednesday, October 13, 2010

While I'm Up at 7 am

Typing that title just made me realized I missed Boy Meets World...which is on at 7 am. Dammit.

Moving on.

I know I've been neglecting this blog, but in all fairness, I've been neglecting school work, actual school, cleaning my apartment, and my cat. Thankfully, only one of those can actually bite my ankles. I had a post saved from the Philly pre-season game, but posting that now would even be out of whack, even if I were Versus or Sabres.com.

First of all, when did we go into a losing streak? Mike Harrington has a post saying that it's our first losing streak of the year. A losing streak is losing three and more games (I base this on nothing, or a little about how our losing streaks are 8-10 games a year), so tonight will make that call.

I feel like saying ' but it's the New Jersey Devils' can go both in a good and bad way (like Tampa Bay, Shelby).

I have this irking that Patty is going to play, and so does Shelby. Again, based on nothing than our never dying hope for that man. It doesn't fit into the pattern of the two times a year Patty does get to play, but it's worth a hope. Maybe if not, this weekend (fat chance).

I'm excited or Hank to be back tonight, and I'm sure not many people are. From the looks of it, he's been doing very well with the Devils, which is all you can hope for when a player you adore leaves. He'll probably score on us.

Shelby and I, due to her undying kindness, are going to the game tonight (we also went to the home opener, but other than our excessive screaming, body slamming of Rangers fans, and Jordan Leopold, who wants to remember THAT). Our Rivet jerseys will finally be debuted in the regular season (unless Patty plays, HA!) after being worn for the Toronto pre-season game...I think. Or maybe we didn't...I dunno, either way, big night tonight!

When...er...if we lose tonight, THEN it's a losing streak. Maybe, I dunno.

I still haven't been able to form an opinion on this Pominville thing. I was at work when it happened, and only got brief updates from Shelby from my phone that was NOT hiding in my drawer (my manager seemed puzzled that I knew the updates of the game, but didn't ask questions). I suppose not seeing it first hand took away from my shock of it, because I knew almost right away that he was, for the most part, alright. By the time I had gotten home, he had a concussion and was alive.

I cannot recall the last time a Sabre was taken off in a stretcher, not even that ugly Danny Briere hit back in 2006 (I think). Not even Zednik, though that was a much uglier situation than this. It was a dirty hit, that's for sure, but until someone dies, it's going to keep happening.

I'm not going to lie, as soon as I found out he was okay, I thought maybe a little time off for the guy would be...uh...good. And for some reason people think that Saturday, at the end of the agonizing two game suspension, will be some sort of blood shedding event. I know it's Chicago, but we are better than them.


Also, random thought of the day, today (well, last night) marks the four year anniversary of the October storm. And when I look out my window, I see the same thing I saw 4 years ago...grass.

1 comment:

  1. We didn't wear the Rivet jerseys to the Toronto game. I'm pretty sure you wore Timmy and I wore my Thomas jersey. This is it's official debut, yay!

    If Hank gets a point tonight, I'm cheering for him. Just saying.

    ReplyDelete