Friday, December 4, 2009

Lizards and Kitties and Tim Connolly as Batman.


Last night proved pretty much what we had all expected. 

- Shelby and I are pretty much too weird to go back
- We are not comfortable with going to Sabres games with people who are not the other one (though my dad will be an exception when he comes home)
- Our ' inside jokes' if you will have become so real to us that we forget that they are indeed not real. This would be fine if they were harmless, which they are, but not when we start talking about Patty Lalime's kitten to other people....like Patty Lalime. 

Speaking of Patty Lalime!

I need to learn not to get bad information while I'm driving. Such as re-singing Grier, or Patty being sent to the AHL.

Now, I don't expect people to really understand where I'm coming from on this? Because, well, no one TYPICALLY cares about the back up goalie, and for some reason Ryan gets dragged into an argument that has nothing to do with him...but, that's how it goes with some people in Buffalo I suppose. 

I was livid when I found out that he was going, which was a big step from planning a Portland trip when it was just a rumor. Though I did calm down when I found out it was only for two games (if they weren't back to back games this weekend, I promise we would have gone to a game), I was still angry. 

It's not because he's not in Buffalo, it's because the whole damn thing does not make sense.  Yes, I do know that Patty needs to play this month and in the upcoming months because of the two weeks this city will self combust with no Ryan. And, they want to warm him up for the condensed schedule, but, can he not ' condition' here? Instead of with a team he is not familiar with against teams he'll never see again. 

Maybe that just makes too much sense, like most things with goaltenders and this team. 

Now it just feels awkward. Because he's the only Sabre NOT here. And he's all alone in Portland, where it's cold (cause it's so warm in Buffalo...) and lonely AND WHAT IF THE OTHER PIRATES DON'T LIKE HIM?!

Jhonas likes him, but he's here!

Okay, I'm done overreacting. But, my gift to Patty today is....


Stay warm, buddy!

I'm still holding out for Chi Town. 

In non psychotic news, the Sabres won 6-2 last night...much better than an OT win, no? And, despite them winning when we left the arena, the Bills lost...not such a big shock. 

Also, Ryan did not do a post game interview...after a win, and when he did so well. This can only mean one thing...he's dead, clearly. 


2 comments:

  1. See I think this will be a great thing for Patty. he can get some games in, condition his groin, gain some confidence then come back and wow everyone!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like you said to me yesterday, the Sabres probably don't want to take the risk of sacrificing a game for Patty to condition and instead sent him down to Portland. That's not saying anything bad about Patty, but I still see how it's dumb he's playing in the AHL when he isn't going to be facing any of those teams ever again.

    ReplyDelete