Monday, November 23, 2009

The Ottawa Trip (Now With 35% Less Uses of the F Word)







The final score has been tallied.... Ottawa- 5, Tamara- 4. 

I know what you're thinking, pretty stinky. BUT...still...better than the Sabres. 

As for the recap, here is when Ottawa struck:

The Game:

Well, we all know how that went down. And, my last post, though harsh, covers that enough. However, there was been new developments since, such as:

- Not ONE SINGLE SOURCE HAS BLAMED PATTY!!!! I am in shock that not even Lindy or The Buffalo News, the two biggest Ryan Miller theoretical fanny kissers out there, are saying goaltending was not the problem. I'm sure there are still over bias psychos that think it was his fault, but it surely wasn't. I'm glad he finally gets a break when he deserves one. 

- I really don't like Tyler Myers. I honestly think as soon as his ten games was up, he started to suck. He figured, like other Sabres, he was here to stay so it didn't matter how he played. I even gave him a chance to redeem himself, and nooooo. Go back to juniors, Stretch! At least he makes Hank look good (well, Hank IS good, but he helps) thus, no Swedish trade. 

-  I really hate Tim Kennedy. However, that is not new. 

- I did fight back a tad bit, such as laughing when they showed the top goal scorers in the league, and (though I don't know how) DANY HEATLEY IS NUMERO UNO! And when Alfredsson scored (both times) I yelled that a certain one-eyed German had more. Just sayin...



My Wallet (two points): 

- Sunday morning we wake up and realize, Tamara lacks a wallet. I don't think the real panic ever hit me. We drove like mad men back to Scotiabank, all the while realizing that it was Sunday and...well, it's friggin Sunday. 

Thankfully! After venturing into the players parking lot and going through the one open door in the gigantic arena, I was a mere feet away from the security desk. The guy there immediately went ' Tamara?' and I basically started crying. He had my wallet, safe and sound, an usher found it in our section, and it meant we didn't have to spend the night in Ottawa. 

I even hugged him, but I'm sure he gets that a lot. 


My Phone (two poitns): 

Following the reuniting with the wallet, we went to Dennys to celebrate (shut up), which consisted much of ' OH MY GOD I CAN'T BELIEVE I FOUND MY WALLET!'

Once back in the car, however, we realized my phone wasn't in the car. 

Anywhere in the car. 

Nowhere in the restaurant. 

Which meant, it had to be at Scotiabank. AGAIN. So we headed back there, AGAIN. My friend checked with security because I was too stupid to go back there, and I searched the parking lots. The only theory that was making sense was that it was on the roof of my car and I took off, leaving it God knows where, but my hopes hung on by a mere thread because the phone was still ringing, which means it wasn't off or smashed. 

Shelby went to check in the YMCA that's attached to the arena, I called the phone again to see if maybe we could hear it in the car. Then, suddenly, a man answers!!!! He said he found the phone in the parking lot, and asked if I wanted it back (WTF!). He was at a mall about 20 minutes away in a sketchy area, parked in the far corner of the lot, and seemed a little disappointed that I did not show up alone.....


Tamara!

- I found my wallet! A 20,000 person arena, a girl from out of town, but I found it! Take that, bitches!

- I wasn't raped or mugged, and I got the phone back! Though I will forever ponder why one would remove a phone from a lost location and take it with them? Other than being sketchy, why not leave it where it was found so when the dumbass girl realizes thats where she left it, she would go back to it....

- The drive was pleasant, both ways. We made excellent timing both ways, and did not hit any problems. That is, if problems do not include Shelby going through an ez pass lane at 75 mph...and then asking me if we had to park to switch drivers. 

- This




I promised myself I would find this guy. When we snuck to the lower levels for warm ups, he was the first person I saw (so it was a sign we were meant to go down there). I chased him for a bit, and when he finally stopped I went up to him and said ' You're my favorite Senators fan!' and showed him the 40 on the front of my jersey. 

While the picture was being taken, we discussed how Patty was playing tonight and how we both got our jerseys when he signed with the respective team...because, that makes sense and all. 


All in all, not bad, I think. I'll end this nonsense with a few ' happy' pictures from the trip. 

Patty showing what time we left my apartment at. 


Arriving in the city. 

POUTINE!!!

Scotiabank! An updated picture...

Patty and Patty. 

The rest of the pictures on my Facebook can be found here: 

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=38626256&l=e5c1ae2d61&id=90400158




1 comment:

  1. Well now that the blogosphere knows about my crazy ass driving...LOL.

    As I mentioned yesterday, my recap is going to take about a month and a half to write. I'm going to end up putting everything that happened.

    ReplyDelete