Wednesday, November 25, 2009

I Really Think I Hate This Team

A few things since I'm already pissed off:

- I woke up this morning to a text from Shelby saying there is ' speculation' the Sabres are going to ' upgrade' whoever backs up Ryan. First off, I think our starter needs an upgrade, but lets not go there now.

Fine, trade Patty. I honestly cannot give two shits about this team right now. Get Marty back, get a more ' stable' back up, and then watch when the team still blows it in front of him. Ignore that Lindy said it wasn't Patty's fault, ignore that Hank said they let him down. What do they know, right? Egotistical fans are the ones to trust. 

Though I must say Kevin and his blog shed some light on an already crappy day. I can always count on him: 

I hope the fans that have criticized Patrick Lalime paid close attention to his performance in Ottawa because he was excellent. The only shot that he saw that went in was the second Daniel Alfredsson goal. He made some downright great saves to keep his team in the game and others to keep it close late.  Any player on the team would second my assessment and hopefully you saw Henrik Tallinder’s post-game comments on how they let Lalime down.  



- When I got home on Sunday night, a friend who lives near me told me that someone (I'm sure I'd know details if I wasn't asleep leaning against my apartment door when he told me this) said fans would not be happy until Roberto was backing up Ryan. 

Yeah, and I won't be happy until Heatley is on our top line. Let the dreams go, people. 

- I love how Patty, who- along with Drew and Patches- were the only decent players on Saturday night is suddenly the one in trouble because of that game (it being his second start of the year, afterall). Not Roy for missing the net 754 times, not Pominville for the 37 giveaways (I don't care if he scored, Patrick Kaleta scored and he's not suppose to do that) but PATTY, for seeing one of the 5 goals that went by him. 

-  Toni Lydman in the background of Pominville's interview from yesterday is rather amusing. After just sitting there laughing, he takes off his skate and slowly runs his fingers on the blade, as though to say ' lets see Hamilton open his mouth again.'

- Leave Thomas Vanek alone. Seriously, his seven goals are not satisfying enough by Ryans save percentage that's higher than my GPA and Derek and Jason picking their asses every shift is just fine? Ugh. 

And now, I waited for the ' OMGZ NOOO I LOVES RYANS!' comments...

- sits back-