Tuesday, November 10, 2009

I Told Myself I Wouldn't Recap on the Catwalk...





But then I got a good night sleep, and I wasn't so (as?) angry. 

So, I'm sure everyone has seen pictures, watched videos, and heard stories. But, I have the advantage of being sober the entire night. I am just that cool, I suppose. 

I went with my two friends Ashley and Morgan, who are twins (in case that becomes relevant later). We all decided to go on Thursday, after promising we wouldn't because it was too much money blah blah blah (and Steadfast still owes me $400...). 

Anywho. We got there for six, and were able to watch Caroline once again get in underage, haha. We wandered around, seeing everyone who was dressed up (I wasn't, I didn't have enough time to make that work) and what not, waiting to see who would be the first Sabre we would see. 

And it was Chris Butler. 



That picture does no justice, none. He had the tape glasses, he had the dorky sweater, he had the untucked shirt underneath. He was ADORABLE, and it was so fitting for him, I couldn't believe it. Granted, I didn't know that Myers would be in the same outfit (they totally planned it) so I thought it was one of a kind, and screamed when I saw him. It was just so fitting. 

We kept wandering, mostly to see all the cardboard cutouts and what not. Then, Morgan was pulling me into the back room where the food was for what she referred to as a ' Lalime sighting.' That room is probably about the size of a small garage, but I couldn't find him. Because what do you look for when you're looking for Patty Lalime? His hair, and he had a hat on! Not to mention he was in a leather jacket, and that is not expected, but appreciated just the same. His wife was dressed as Sandy from Grease, I thought it was cute that even the wives get into it. 

And I actually talked to Patty (once resisting the urge to run at him)! Not that it's ever been a problem for me, but I've always found that approaching them at the Catwalk is weird, I don't know why. But he was standing in this crowd of people, but no one was talking to him, and there was this little space next to him so I ran in there and was like ' YOU LOOK LONELY!' And then, similar to many other Patty Lalime/Tamara encounters...I don't remember anything. 

In one of the trips from the bar to the main ballroom, we saw Toni at the ATM, which is just so awkward that its amusing. AND, he was in the 50s mode as well. And not the leather jacket kind of way (which would seem to be what he would go for) but the regular joe. I thought it was cute. He even had his hair slicked back! Which means, he has enough hair FOR IT to be slicked back!

Good enough!

Then, there was Drew Stafford. 

I remember when the photo shoot pictures came out, and I was like ' oh my god, Ryan Miller should have been a teenager in the 50's' because it just fit so well. 

No, no no no no no no no. 

Drew Stafford should have been a teenager in the 50's. 


And by the looks of this picture, he agrees. 

If it wasn't for the tattoos, I probably would have never recognized him. 

The auction was the same as it was last year, for the most part. Nice things that would cost my tuition to even have a chance at. However, Goose found it necessary to get on stage when they were auctioning a wine tasting event with him and Ryan. 


Yes Goose, those glasses totally work for you. I don't care what Janet Snyder says. 

Oh, and Patty K almost got into a fight with one of the iron chef guys. I would have bid for those two to beat the snot out of each other in my backyard...just saying. 

Then, I was beginning to think that an absent Craig Rivet would mean the fashion show would be missing a little something. But, I'll let you be the judge of that one......


















Lets all take a moment to appreciate Steve Montador and Steve Montador's hair...


We didn't stay long afterwards, and not a lot of people did in comparison to the year before. Even a lot of Sabres had left, but we were determined to catch Patty and Hank for pictures, but Patty had gone bye bye and we were going to replace him with Toni, but that's scary. 

We did end up grabbing Hank, and while we were setting up for the picture, we told him to put his 50s glasses back on. He checked his shirt and was like ' I don't have them!' then Ashley, who had them because he gave them to her while on the Catwalk, yanks them out of her purse and is like ' I DO!' and he laughed...really hard. I swear these events would be downsized big time if the adorable Swede wasn't there (not that Jhonas wasn't adorable as well). 

When we thought Drew had left, Ashley was starting to feel a bit better because she knew she wouldn't have to encounter him (similar to when I shoved her into him and he didn't notice). But then we saw him walk by and Morgan went after him to ask him for a picture. I was expecting him to be mean, I don't know why, he kind of sets himself up for that kind of reputation, but he was like ' omg, sure!' So we had to convince a slightly tipsy Ashley to put all her stuff down and go stand next to him. It eventually led to a picture, the one that was posted above. Morgan and I attempted one with him, but Ashley never got the hang of the camera, and Drew was yelling at her haha. 

We had to leave after that...

But, any situation where you can walk away with a paddle ball, a hula hoop, and no hangover...ranks overall pretty good in my book.

3 comments:

  1. I don't think it's weird to approach them at Catwalk, it's a social event and they are mingling around to talk to all of the guests! Except for Mike Grier. I was saaah bummed that I didn't get to see him!

    My toes are still numb from wearing high heels all night haha. I don't know how Marilyn did it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...And your explanation of getting your jersey signed by Patty would have STILL been longer than this post!

    ReplyDelete