Friday, October 2, 2009

Opening Night and Crayons!




Not that this slipped anyones minds I'm sure, but last night officially started the 2009-2010 season. 


Huzzah!

I'm sure it will matter more TOMORROW night, but exciting none the less. The Habs beat the Leafs in overtime, the Caps beat the Bruins, Calgary beat Vancouver, and San Jose LOST to Colorado...wtf.

In not so shocking news, Ovie already has two goals. Heads up, Vanek!


As I mentioned in a previous post, Shelby and I went to see David Sedaris last night. He read new stories, and they were fantastic. Then we waited in line for over three hours (literally) for a book signing (it makes a Dave and Adams signing look like shit). 

Anyways, we were probably one of the last ten people, and the guy was still chatting with people. I got up there and said hi, and immediately told him that my brother bought me Me Talk Pretty One Day (the book I had) because he thought we had a lot in common. 

He asked if I talk on the phone on the lot, and I said yes. I don't know why, because I really don't. In this age, I will gladly text before I ever talk on the phone, but that's what came out. At one point in my life I DID talk on the phone  a lot, so it wasn't really a lie. 

Then he asked what I do when I'm on the phone, I responded with "....talk?" I'm cool like that, making an ass of myself in front of my idols. But he seems like the type to be okay with smart ass replies. 

I saw him writing ' enjoy the crayons' in my book and was like uhhhhh. Then, he handed me a box of 120 crayons...and told me to doodle when I was on the phone. 










Seriously...not even kidding...GREATEST THING EVER! Patty Lalime could give me a hug, THIS still tops it! Every girl has a gay guy they'd marry, and David Sedaris is mine. I love him, and can't believe he HAD a box of crayons, let alone gave it to me. 

I just wish more people would adore it...


No comments:

Post a Comment