Sunday, October 4, 2009

Ole!...Sorry

After the game last night, Shebly and I were standing outside the arena, waiting to give Toni Lydman his cookies that we forgot with the rest of his present earlier that day, when it dawned on us. 

Overtime loss = we still got a point. 

With that information, the sting of losing the home opener went away. That, and if Ryan Miller says we played good, we must of. The two Habs goals were awkward, but I'm sure we all know that by now. 

As you may recall, Shelby and I totally called Goose scoring with Grier's assist in the preseason game against Toronto. So, last night we were debating...who would score the first goal of the season? I truly believe that the entire season can be previewed based on who scores the first goal.

We said it would be either Drew, Timmy, or Goose....and Rivet in the defensemen category. 







....we are good, needless to say. I actually have a video of them announcing his goal, which I will add to this as soon as I can upload it. I was soooooo excited when he scored! I mean, he scores often, and I've been to games when he's done it before, but the FIRST game of the season! And Rivet got the assist, so we were partially right there...no mentions for the little bitch.

Someone pointed out to me that the last first season goal scorers- Vanek and Spacho- both suffered serious injuries. I don't think that means squat, and it's TC, so we kind of see it coming, no? Whatever, we get free Dunkin Donuts. 

Last season opener, I made buddies with the Habs fan sat behind us. For some reason, they are the opposing fans that I get along with the best (and Philly fans, but only while Marty was there, and only in Wachovia). That whole " I'm from Montreal" goes a long way, I tell ya. 

Maybe it was because we won last year, but I don't think it was. All through the game they were just being annoying (understandably so, I suppose). And last year, I got the ones sitting behind us to pose for my friend Alison, who is a huge Habs fan, and it was her birthday that day. 

Even when we were walking back to the car, on an empty Swan Street at 11 at night, a Habs fan drove by and said ' sorry we kicked your ass' after waving at us for a few moments. Shelby yelled back  ' sorry your 100th anniversary sucked!' and was damn proud of herself. Last night was anything but an ass kicking. I'm not sore that we lost, but it was overtime people!

... I think they're just jealous that we have Rivet. 

However, we did meet two very nice guys who were sitting next to us through the game. I talked a bit to the one of them in the first two periods, then the other one talked to Shelby and I through most of the third period (not like anything else was going on). 

For some reason, Tyler and Timmy K are not sitting well with me. I don't think they're really problematic, it's just not working. Yesterday, I was not stoked about Hank and Tyler being paired, but I think they did an alright job (that kind of pairing makes me feel like Toni and Hank will be reunited when Toni gets better). Tyler did get us some nice penalties, because tripping someone like Tyler could wake up China...just saying. And of course he got third star...I know he did a good job but, I don't know, I think we're getting a little overhyped.

Oh! I almost forgot! PAUL GAUSTAD IS ASSISTANT CAPTAIN!

I'm not sure if last nights A's were permeant or not, but I sooooo hope they are! He is FINALLY getting what he deserves, and I doubt many people will be upset with that. 

Shelby and I are going to aim for the Phoenix game on Thursday. On Friday, I head to Nashville to visit with family friends (I really need to remember that). But I will be seeing the boys on Saturday!

...maybe Patty Cake will have his banana hat back by then. Work it, Patty!

1 comment:

  1. I hope Goose keeps the A forever. I'm pretty sure he will.

    ReplyDelete