Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Pookey No Likey Roster Cuts





For the record, I'm getting to the pictures. It's like the day before opening night (yeah, or not), scary stuff is going on here, folks! I also know that the Air Canada Centre is the ACC not the AAC as I've been calling it. I've been calling it that forever, even when my dad worked for Air Canada. 

Before I get to the Sabres...

I love, love LOVE that Maxy Poo has signed with the Thrashers. I don't like the Thrashers (yet) but I'm glad he was able to stay in the league and go to a team that appreciates him for who he is and the talent he has. I hope he does a phenomenal job there.


I'm sure that Rhett is proud as well, Max. 

Seriously, I want this guy to score a hat trick or something against the Sabres so the Max haters can suck it (sorry). I always get fired up about him, I don't think he was treated fairly by this team or the fans at all. 

No worries, he looks damn spiffy in the Thrashers jersey. 


Hawt. 


I'm so excited. Shelby and I were planning to go to the New Years Day game, and it'll be more exciting with Mr. Max there. Also, Petey signed a 2 year deal with the Devils. I'm also excited for him, he found a new home. It's probably a huge culture shock because it's not Buffalo, but a multi-year deal is something he should be proud of. 


In Sabre news, for those who are still Sabres, Gerbe and Weber are not for the time being. The final roster cuts were made, and the only new guys on the team (from the AHL, we already know about the other new guys) are TK and Tyler. I'm kind of disappointed, I think. This makes me mad for reasons I don't understand, haha. 

I realllllly thought Gerbe was going to stay with us. Not that his pre-season performance was anything stellar (then again, neither was TK, in my opinion), but I thought with such determination that it was just going to happen for him.. And I'm sure Weber is kicking door frames left and right. That has got to be a tense plane ride back to Portland for those two...

As for Tyler, I was pretty sure he was going to stay. Even had Toni not been hurt, I was assuming he'd be with us. However, the first nine games are gonna be nail biters for him/me, regardless of Toni's health...since he will come back eventually. We shall see...

Stupid Toni and Drew, getting hurt the week before. WTF guys, you just like to ruin everything!

Despite those two party poopers, opening night is the day...after the day...after tomorrow. Right? I think so, something like that. Shelby and I have two fun filled days planned out to make sure this season starts off right/without any arrests.

 And tomorrow we are seeing DAVID FREAKING SEDARIS! Oh my goddddd I love that gay.  man. Shelby is probably scared to be going with me, but I have been waiting awhile to see this guy in person (and for free! not an important detail, but a fun one). It makes me almost feel bad that I'm ditching my co-host for an event we were suppose to be working at tomorrow. But she understands...even if she doesn't, who cares! I may also go on a sweat pant shopping spree tomorrow. I hate jeans and this weather is making me want to be ultra snuggy.

I shall end this post with  little preview of the last thing Craig Rivet will ever remember from the upcoming Catwalk for Charity. 


As Shelby said...one of these things is not like the other...


 

Bad photoshopping apparently includes out dated flipflops and Derek Roy having a lolli.

No comments:

Post a Comment