Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Absolutely (Story of a Captain)...and Steve Montador

Anyone remember that song?

Anyways.

 
 
 
Have I mentioned that I adore Craig Rivet? I'm sure I have. It was a recent development, Shelby and I him overheard to gladly sign something for a little kid- while waiting to do something with Ryan and the bobblehead, if you saw that adorable encounter you wouldn't have remember either- at the Pepsi Center.
 
I was one of those many people who was so sure Teppo was going to get captain last year. However, I was one of the few who didn't really complain, but rather it was ' the new guy.' I've never had a problem with him being captain, and clearly since the players are the ones who vote for him, they clearly see something special that he brings to this team. Even if it is only maturity...
 
Anywho, I was watching his interview yesterday (not one in which you can hear me laughing and yelling like a bafoon) and noticed that he- as well as Drew, actually- were questioned about the new additions to the team. In both situations, our ever-loving Monty (who always magically made his way on my list of love) was brought up as ' the sixth defenseman.' First off, it bugged me that he said that. Just because Steve was the last added defenseman (technically, wasn't Tyler?) does not make him any less important. Afterall, seeing dead people is just as important as taste, touch, smell, hearing, and seeing.
 
I'll admit that when we first signed Monty, I didn't care. But, since seeing him play, he seems to have a good mixture of everything we need in defense (cough, talent, cough) and seems like he's a real team player. Afterall, with Peaches he's on his third defenseman partner, and it's not even November. Not to mention that he works well with all of them...but so far I like Toni the best.
 
And, something that deserves it's own POST, but will settle for it's own paragraph because I am always tired...his dedication to making sure that no one feels left out. In case you missed it (I'm sure you can find the on the road blog on the site) Clarkie was not feeling well as the team made its way to Tampa (but seems to be just fine). As a precaution, he was forced to wear a surgical mask, but just so he didn't feel like a weirdo, Steve wore one too. Adorable? Far beyond that.
 
...off topic for a second, I thought it would have been really funny had the entire team wore the masks in front of the Bolts, so when seen they would either think the entire team was sick, or not sure who the sick one was. Shelby thought it would have been funny if the entire team wore one, except Timmy...
 
So, just as I have defended and proclaimed my love for Monty in these past few paragraphs, Craig did in that interview. He refuses to let a fellow dman be seen as a last minute addition, and thus, not as important. It's one thing to think that, but it's another thing to put a ' my poop don't stink' reporter in his place.
 
Honestly, this is the exact field I dream to go into when life becomes Tamara vs. The Real World, but they all look like scum. I'm not even talking about JUST Bucky or JUST Paul Hamilton, though those two are just as evil, and thus make others think that it's okay to talk to players like that. I wouldn't even talk to Sidney Cr...okay, I would. But I wouldn't even talk to Pommers like some of these jerks do (and that one I mean). Plus, it's even worse when you talk to one player about ANOTHER player.
 
Sorry, scumbags, even professional athletes have more respect than you do.
 
 
 
...I have no idea where this post came from.
 
Have I mentioned that I adore Craig Rivet?
 


No comments:

Post a Comment