Monday, September 7, 2009

Putting the ' Labor' back in ' Labor Day'



I am about two hours into an 8 hour shift at Labor Day. So while you all may skim through this while laying by the pool in the nice heat, before September really hits (I start school tomorrow...scary) please think of the freezing cold girl behind the receptionist desk. With no one here! Other than my Danny Briere co-worker (okay, he just looks like him, but whatever). 

However, after this shift I only have three hours of work separating me from the Puck Drop (which may be considered work, we're not sure yet).  I know I'm excited for the Puck Drop, or at least will be...soon. Right now, I'm kind of mellow, but Friday night I will be unbearable. 

While I may not yet be excited (openly), there are some things I am definitely looking forward to in the days/weeks/months ahead. 

- Opening night. I know it's further away from the Puck Drop, and I shouldn't be more excited for that at this point, but there is nothing better than being at a game where it's so fresh that they're is actually hope for the team! It's an undesirable feeling, but I'm sure you all know what I'm talking about.  A breath of fresh air...fresh air being the cold vents inside the arena. I'm so excited, I almost want to start planning what jersey to wear...

- My first day of classes, which is actually tomorrow....Medaille is a bunch of late bloomers, we know. 

- Shelby and I creating superheroes (yes, wouldn't YOU like to know!)

- Nashville trip. I already promised myself that no jersey is coming on that trip, just my Goose jersey shirt. It's Nashville, I'm not exactly going to go in there guns ablazing, because I don't think they even like the Predators that much. 

- To see whether or not Toni has hair. Don't get me wrong, the hurdle we jumped with Hank was HUGE, and not to mention much more important, the many changes of Toni Lydman always leaves me wondering. 

However, for the Olympics, I would not mind (in fact, i would LOVE and highly encourage) a repeat of this


Yes, Toni, I know that helmet hair is hard to avoid, and a definite occurrence should such hair come back. Don't worry, I still like what it can do.








- Christmas...I mean, duh. And I might be spending Christmas in NYC...the CITY of Christmas. Random, I know. 

- Seeing some guy named Paul Gaustad. I just realized that in the wake of worrying about the Finn and Drew, I've forgotten about Goose...the heart/soul/lone goal scorer in some games. I thought he'd be around the Pepsi Center. BUT, I am stoked for his return, and hope he's doing okay.

Shelby and I actually went on a Paul Gaustad praise last night (though it's almost a daily thing). We were going back to his days of using little children as shields



(You can't see it here, but he does have an apron on. How manly...no, really). I do wonder if there actually is a Sabres fan out there who does not like Goose. Little children, flour, aprons, tree planting, can saving....other stuff.

And lets not forget, the woman who made it all possible. 




Now we know where he gets his inspiration from. Not to mention his interpersonal skills, good manner, and if you look closely...good looks.



So, I think this Labor Day should be celebrated not from the crappy minimum wage jobs we work (or the pesky nine to five ones) but the work that GOOSE does (i'm not trying to knock anyones jobs, I'm just trying to be proud)



Yep.

Enjoy your holiday, folks!



5 comments:

  1. Happy Labor Day! :D

    I'm really hoping they do a Party in the Plaza thing for the home opener again. I wanted to go last year but wasn't able to, so this year I would have to make up for it.

    Ahhh, I can't believe Puck Drop is so close! This is so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought that said Patty in the Plaza...I was like I WANNA GO!

    like Jay on the Pens! haha, it's been a long day.

    And it is exciting! We have important missions for that day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The boys think they're going to be busy that day...we'll be busy too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! not to mention the baking fun that shall go on that night!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo, ooo, I can't wait for that!

    ReplyDelete