Thursday, December 10, 2009

Little Guys and Swedes and guys named MONTY!


Last night, Shelby and I had an epic plan to spend the night together baking, watching the game, and work on our newest project. We haven't watched a game together since the Montreal game...which is a long time, at least for us. 

Then my friend Connor called me to tell me he had his grandpas season tickets, and wanted me to go. I really battled the idea in my head...I hated the idea of ditching Shelby, and I had to bake something for channel 2 today. Also, the weather wasn't really on our side (still isn't). 

In the end, we went. And, I am SO glad we did!

Right away, we could tell they were already doing better than Monday (not like doing worse was really a possibility). Because of the angle of our seats, we saw the first goal go right in. And, we thought it was Natey, just from how it looked, and we were screaming for the little guy. 

Then, they announced it, and it was MONTY. For a second, Connor and I were like ' oh....OH!' So, of course, major excitement that Monty scored, since we weren't there for his first goal, and defensemen don't usually score a lot. 

However, I kept thinking Gerbe would score. I don't know why, he was so determined in his pre-game interview talking about it, thinking if he scored he wouldn't have to go back to Portland. And, sure enough, he did! And when he did, we knew it was him, and everyone was SO excited for him, which they should be! Patty was ready to launch off the bench and on to him...which would have been painful. I'm sure they discussed this last weekend in Portland...well, Nate talked about it, Patty just sat there. 

And then...THE SWEDE!!!!! What an epic night! 2 defensemen and a rookie. AND...a shutout. Take that, Ovie!

I love the way this team bounces back after being shut out...by shutting out. However, I get the feeling Ryan Miller is about to snap. He needs a hug and a nap, and some hot chocolate. 




Especially in this shit...

Oh Medaille College, how you make me risk my life for pettyness. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh my God, Montreal WAS the last game we watched together. Damn, I didn't realize it was a week ago, haha.

    THE SWEDE!!

    ReplyDelete