Thursday, November 12, 2009

I Hate When I Must Choose Between Napping and Blogging.




This just in!  (or maybe it was before my nap)


PATTY CAKE IS BACK!!!!....to sitting on the bench. But BACK NONE THE LESS! Ohhhh there go my high hopes that he'll be playing in Ottawa next week when Shelby and I go. 

But yay!!!!!


Yay!

Kind of perfect timing in a way. Jhonas is going to play on the Pirates tonight then head back with them after the game. I am so excited for tomorrow nights goalie lovin!

PATTY!

Okay! Moving on to my original plan for this post, last nights game (which did not include Patty).

- I'm really afraid that Clarkie's hit last night on Reddox is going to become a big deal when it shouldn't. Though I'm very hopeful that he's going to be okay, it's obvious Clarke meant no harm. It was a tiny hit with a big fall. And p.s- Oilers, when someone is trying to help your teammate, don't smack him in the head! Duh!


Buffalo Sabres left winger Clarke MacArthur(notes), right, checks on Edmonton Oilers left winger Liam Reddox(notes) after checking him hard into the boards during the third period of the NHL hockey game in Buffalo, N.Y., Wednesday, Nov. 11, 2009. Sabres' MacArthur was given a five-minute boarding penalty and a game misconduct for the hit. Buffalo won 3-1.

See? Even Yahoo! Sports says he wanted to check on him, and Yahoo! Sports hates us. He looked so bummed when he when he was ejected too, which I know I'm sure they all do, but he looked very remorseful...very rare in this sport. 

- Shelby and I are soooo psychic. We called Drew scoring last night, which I admit isn't anything special because it's Edmonton and that's what Drew does when it was Edmonton. Then, we said that Monty and Craig were going to score. 

Well, Craig didn't...

But Steven did!

I'd be lying if Shelby, a friend of ours, and myself did not hug each other and bounce, after the delayed reaction that it was him that scored. I LOVE Monty, and I regret any horrid things that were said about him at the Pepsi Center over the summer. I also love when defensemen score!

Monty's goal takes away from Hecht's goal, I hate to say. Monty, a defenseman, scored against a real goalie. But that's cool. 

- I'm kind of bummed we only scored three goals? With Edmonton, isn't it usually more like...15?



Did I mention Patty was back?!




1 comment:

  1. I will be soooo stoked if Patty plays in Ottawa when we go. And of course, I know that you will be super stoked too, haha.

    If only we went to that game last night. I think when we go next week, I'll have to say how excited I was that we saw him score his first one. He should so do it next week too, for the record...

    Poor Clarke. I hope nothing happens with him, like being suspended. It certainly was not his fault at all, but then again, this league is a joke when it comes to this stuff.

    ReplyDelete