Sunday, October 18, 2009

Hey, I Have a Blog!





I really have been neglecting this thing, it feels like. But don't feel bad, I've been neglecting my life and school just as much. 

Maybe it's when the Sabres play insane games, it feels like I'm slacking.

Detroit was the first game of the season that I wasn't at, haha. It was my first day interning at Channel 2, and it was on the TV wayyyy across the room. I was doing something on the computer and could barely hear it, but go figure, I look over my shoulder just to see Drew score his first goal. And Patty K, and a whole lot of others, ha!. It was amusing to think that the amount of goals scored in that game equaled all goals scored in the first three games. 

To think, we shut down a team like the Red Wings.

...only to be shut down by Atlanta

Granted, we still became the last team to lose a regulation game, and thus go our first game without getting a point. As soon as Shelby and I had tickets, I knew we were going to lose. We bought them specifically with the idea what Patty would play, but I knew we were going to lose. We don't go long with good records, and Atlanta just gives off that signal that they were going to cream us. 

I'm really over it, because it's October, concentrating on it would just be unnecessary. Though I'm sure a good chunk of the city is blaming Patty, and I know it's hard for me to seriously defend him because I'm bias, but last night was not his fault. Not to say he was that great last night, but he was left hanging last night. No one was really that great, the defensemen couldn't have stopped a lot. People were making good decisions at the wrong time, it was just awful. 

Also, wtf is with people booing Max? I can understand booing some players, not that I ever do, but Max!? People were making it sound like he said eff you to the city and took off. They kicked him out! It made me so mad, Shelby and I kept counter acting the cheers.

...and cheering when he scored. I know he ruined the last chance to at least tie the game, and I know that if our  defense was awake, that goal could have been stopped. AND it was on Patty, but hopefully it was a swift kick in the haters' behinds. It was a nice goal, his first one I believe, and he was very excited. 

Just like Drew was...for the few seconds it lasted.

When we were walking across Scott Street to go to my car after the game, I just happened to glance to my left at the car waiting at the light, and quickly turned to Shelby asking if it was Max in the front seat, and it was. I think he smiled when he noticed that we noticed him. When we were safely on the other side, we started screaming for him when the car drove by. 


Though the Aussie was probably the happiest to see him. 


Max is wondering why Grier gets to come back, and he doesn't. 


Another perk to help balance out a grueling loss- a friend of mine paid be $20 to pinch Chris Butlers cheeks. He originally wanted Myers, and Toni, and Craig....but Chris was the one that ended up working out. I chose to explain the background to him (without actually saying what I was going to do) while he signed my friends ticket. He was just like ' oh yeah' and I don't think he was expecting what I did, after waiting so long for him to look up. 

He was thanked for helping out a poor college student...

And he was scruffy.

So, I'm going to end this failure of a post with a picture of Hank that I took last night during warm ups. I think in all the praise he's FINALLY getting (instead of getting spanked, that is) and his improvements (sans last night, yo), this expression was right on target. 





1 comment: