Wednesday, September 2, 2009

We Can All Ice Skate Tomorrow

because, evidently, hell has frozen over. 

A friend of mine texted me today asking if I wanted to go to the Bills game with her, a free ticket was within my reach. I apologized to her for ever giving off the impression that I liked football, despite our numerous conversations of how the Bills are stinky stink. 

Nevertheless, something caught my attention. I have never been to Ralph Wilson for an actual Bills game, just the Ice Bowl and something in high school when our team was doing well.

Long story short, I'm going to the Bills game tomorrow. Sadly, I am very excited. I went out and bought new jeans and sneakers (which I was overdue for regardless) and, get this, a Bills shirt. Not just any Bills shirt, a Paul Posluszny shirt. Something about those Time Warner commercials back in the day really made me want to choose him as my favorite Bill...or was it Adelphia (that is spelled wrong)? Heck, it was so long ago, who knows. BUT I hear he's a good player, and I haven't seen 51 in a longgggg time. 

Anywho, on to hockey for a quick thing.


The Sabres site is doing the top five shootout goals, and the picture advertising such is actually one of my favorite Sabres pictures of all time.



The top five things I LOVE about this photo are...

5.) Thomas Vanek...and how his love and appreciation for his teammate is there, however, you cannot feel it (like with God, you just have to believe it's there). I'm sure this picture was taken right in his moments of kicking himself because, it wasn't him that did it (it rarely ever is...don't kill my Shelby, you know it's true).

4.) Toni Lydman

3.) The fact that Toni Lydman scored that goal, proving yet again that usually-hated-and-underrated defensemen can pull through when needed. Just...not all the time.

2.) Drew Stafford. Big- and rare- grin, both arms in the air...happy for his idol/buddy. I'm sure many bloggers, who know of his usual grim expressions, are happy to see that. 

1.) HENRIK FREAKING TALLINDER! Look at him! LOOK AT HIM! Not only is he usually the happiest Sabre, but right there he is absolutely thrilled. I don't even think his feet are on the ground. His bff scores, and he is just happy, happy Hank. I love it.

However, I do debate that Toni was not like that when Hank scored last season. But, like with God- and Thomas Vanek- the love is there...you just can't see it.



No comments:

Post a Comment