Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Pardon My Dust


Okay...

This site is clearly not ready just yet...so pardon my dust while I figure out how to get Mr. Craig Rivet back up on the banner...I'll probably just go to Shelby for help on that one. 

Anywho, as soon as September 1st hit, I was all for ' oh my god, hockey is happening!' August 31st, different story, and I know I'm like that...it's very weird. Training camp is in ten days, and I can still remember walking to my car after the last game in April, crazy!

So, it was announced yesterday that Adam Mair underwent hip surgery and will be out for at least six weeks...which means at least training camp (which means Tamara is all clear for the Puck Drop) and the season opener (shame...he said his favorite team to play against is the Habs). Though I'm sure certain Tim Kennedys and Mike Webers are smiling very wide with such news. It won't last, fellas! Hate to tell you, but Sabres have been known to come back faster than expected from boo boos.

Then there's Tim Connolly...we're happy when he just comes back. 

The surgery Adam underwent is actually the same surgery Patty Cake had back in...well, I'm not sure when...I'm sure he said it on the Lunch Express. Anyways, it was arthroscopic hip surgery (though Patty it was both hips, I'm not sure if Adam was just one or both as well). 

How about a little medical lesson? According to Wikipedia (that just destroyed the whole ' medical lesson' credibility) the surgery is a minimally invasive surgical procedure in which an examination and sometimes treatment of damage of the interior of a joint is performed using an arthroscope, a type of endoscope that is inserted into the joint through a small incision. Arthroscopic procedures can be performed either to evaluate or to treat many orthopaedic conditions including torn floating cartilage, torn surface cartilage, ACL reconstruction, and trimming damaged cartilage.

I like terms such as ' minimally invasive' In case you're still with me, here's a picture...



Pretty cool stuff. And last I heard, Patty was alive, so I'm sure Adam will do just fine. Perhaps Patty will bring him chicken soup or the like. 

Get well soon, Adam. See, I can at least pretend to love him.

No comments:

Post a Comment