Saturday, November 28, 2009

Keep it Classy, Philly!


There was an article in The Buffalo News yesterday that had Darcy saying the losing streak would end. First of, duh. We're 1/4 of the way through the season, of course it was going to end. But, that aside, Darcy was actually right about something for the first time since....well, I'm not sure. 

My poor roommate who works overnights, and thus sleeps during the day, was probably rather pissed yesterday afternoon (but is so kind, she won't say anything). The constant screaming of our living room probably had people think we were being killed. But, when you're playing the Flyers, you're not that far off. 

First off, I love that Timmy came off of a little rut. I wasn't worried about his little slump, everyone is clearly going through one and what not, but now he's at seven goals and people will go bug someone else for awhile. 

Drew always seems to score when we need something to happen, which is good. He always seems to score first, or one of the first, but as long as he did it. And Goose! Who isn't excited when he scores. 

I will admit I was really angry with Ryan when he let in two goals in something like thirty seconds (I get confused with the time clock, especially when they keep changing it). But, he redeemed himself and overall I think did very well. 

And nothing gets the full tummies on Black Friday going for Shelby and I like Craigory fighting. Not to mention, Craigory fighting TWICE! The Philadelphia Inquirer says that Carcillo won both fights, and I think that's a load of crap. The second one I am not sure of, but Craig had it going in the first. Surely, Craig is past his PRIME fighting days, and is way above fighting little shits like Carcillo, but kudos none the less!


It's too bad Craig had to go to the penalty box and be a little bitch, spending five minutes complaining like a little five year old, which then got him kicked out. 

Oh wait...that wasn't Craig. 

Unfortunately, as we all know, Mr. Craigory did leave the game early. Ignoring the fact that we're in a bit of a pickle being without our captain and our back-up captain, I'm still rather ticked about what went on when Craig did get hurt. 

It's not the hit that bothered me, though the Philly fans cannot seem to move past that detail. It's that when a player- whether it be our captain or their rookie, it does not matter- is carried off the ice because he cannot even walk, and what do the Philly fans do? They boo!

Don't get me wrong, we all boo the opposing teams. But ANY game I've been to in HSBC, when an opposing player is clearly VERY hurt and can't get up, when he finally does get to the bench, we clap! When Leclaire went down, then got back up (for a bit) in Ottawa, Shelby and I were clapping, and we're the bad guys!

I will admit I liked Philly when Marty was there. When Marty was there, the team had a chance to redeem itself from the reputation of being dirty players and be an actual team (playoffs twice in a row, once making it to the conference finals). But now they're right back to being the scum that everyone knows they are....adding Pronger and Emery did a lot to that. 

And it would appear as those most of the fans have gone the same route. Booing an injured player?! That's just disgusting. But really, what can you expect? I read something about how a Philly player kept trying to egg on Patty K, and he woudn't go for it....but Hank went for something in there! Yeah!

For the sake of all that is good, I really hope Craig and Goose make speedy recoveries. If anything...so Roy doesn't get the C. Ugh. 

Shelby and I are attending tonights game. We found a somewhat good deal on tickets, and are rather disgusted in ourselves for going, haha. We almost bought tickets for Toronto, in Toronto, but then the team was shutout and we said no. Yesterday raised our hopes, so let us hope for the best!

Come on, it's Carolina! 






On that note, how cute are Hank and Patty's daddies? OMG!

No comments:

Post a Comment