Sunday, November 1, 2009

Best Loss Ever!




In hockey, there are butt kickings. Then, there are butt kickings that just kick butt. 

Last night was one of them. 

Here are the reasons why last nights loss to the New York Islanders was incredible. 

5.) It's only October. Well, it was October when the game happened, now its November (like you needed help). It was going to happen, and it did. Toronto was the lead in for a ass whopping against the Islanders, and it happened. For some reason, we took down a team like Detroit, but let the Isles walk all over us. I don't know why it happens, but it does. Furthermore, the Islanders are not in our division, and are NOWHERE near us in points, so everyone just take a deep breath. 

4.) Craigory and Monty both got into their first fights of the season. I'll admit I've been waiting for Monty to go nuts (I wait for Craig to do it, too, and get more excited when he does, but its not as common). Monty could have done a bit better, but gets an A for effort. 


I know he has it in him, and we can let this one slide. 

Now Craigory! By the time his fight came along, he just wasn't having it. He had a little run in with his opponent, who then tried to get away it seemed. But nope, Craig went in for the ass whopping, and did so magnificently. 




Yay!

3.) Marty!!! Ohhhh how I hope Darcy was watching very closely last night. I don't like Marty being on the Islanders, and I don't like Marty playing against our current back up goalies (more on that in a minute). But, similar to when he shut out the Sabres as a Flyer last November, if the Sabres aren't going to pull through with their end of the deal, why not be happy for Marty being awesome? 

Martys 38 saves against his former team was not only his 26th career shutout, but also his 200th career win. And, as an added bonus of adorableness, he had fantastic things to say about the Sabres. 

I like when he comes through to remind me that I still love him. 



Hearts!

2.) Shelby and I saved money, time, frustration, creation of criminal records by not going to that game. Though I don't think it would have been THAT bad, and we would have found something good going on there (like Patty sitting in the stands with fans!...then Ryan doing it) it's nice to know that, like Goose and Patty K, we avoided the disaster. Now if only Ottawa promises to be better...

1.) RYAN MILLER HAS LOST IN REGULATION! Oh nos! The sky is falling! We're never gonna win the cup! Trade EVERY SINGLE DEFENSEMAN AND PATTY LALIME FOR 4TH ROUND DRAFT PICKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeahhh, not here folks. You know why there are back up goalies? For when there's back to back games! That could possibly be where the name came from. Ryan should have never played last night, mostly because of Toronto, mostly because he just shouldn't have. To say the absolute least, he should have had the second Islanders goal. I mean....he just should have! Defensemen can not go in the net behind you, Mr. Miller. 

The highlight of my night is when my friend Morgan said ' they have to wait for Patty to get down the hallway' and I was in over-biased heaven. Had Patty gotten the loss, despite letting in less goals and playing less time, I would have lost my mind. 

Similar will happen if I see one finger of blame pointed at Patty for last night. He saved it from being a hell of a loss worse, I think. And now, we can no longer say Ryan hasn't lost in regulation, though I'm sure they'll find some stupid tagline to stick on him....like how he hasn't lost in regulation at home while wearing the throwback jersey...or something. 


Hugs!

Also, this post stands as proof that my two boys against one another did not lead to self combustion. 

This time...

3 comments:

  1. It didn't lead to self combustion because we didn't realize they were playing each other until the game was over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. we were just so excited ryan wasn't playing. and marty had an easy job, we barely ever saw him down there.

    ReplyDelete