Friday, September 18, 2009

Re-Cap...Get it? Cap? Anyone?

I'm so excited, this is my first post game blog! I've been blogging for months, but started in June so it makes sense. 

Anyways, hockey is back! It almost felt like it never left. Unfortunately, I have to open with a losing game, but they didn't go down without a fight...literally Mike Weber almost killing a guy. 

A few of my observations: 

- The girls behind me were so close to being a scene in a bad horror movie. I saw them at training camp all week, and of course they end up behind me. They screamed at EVERYTHING (including calling Ennis Tennis?) and it really took away from the game. Ugh.

- A few Caps ganged up on Nate. How do you get them off? Why, you put Tyler Myers out there.

- Patty was sans banana hat. Hopefully he's just keeping it fresh until the home opener, but he can't just not do it anymore.

- Shelby, who did not actually view the game, had to tell me what that was on the top of Patty's mask. Apparently, it was a camera. For what? We don't yet know. The refs had one, too, but Jhonas didn't? This could be the beginning of something awesome...or weird. 

Photobucket

-  Derek Roy bugged me. I mean, when doesn't he? But here we are, a fresh new start in the PRE SEASON, and what's he doing? Diving. Not to mention, diving to the point where he almost took out Drew. There are a huge amount of rookies willing to kill the other to make this team, and this jerk, who is having his spot handed to him on a silver platter is still jerking around. As Shelby put it, this was so four years ago!

- He was also captain, I didn't like that. I bet Craigory was in the press box banging his head on the wall/table/Hanks arm. But, TV had one of the A's and that was great. I think he would be good in that role, as long as it doesn't stress him out more. Also, I didn't notice until the second period or so, and proceeded to text STOP THE PRESSES! to Shelby. 

Photobucket

- Jhonas and Patty both did excellent, excellent jobs and are the reasons that game wasn't burying us alive. I don't care that Jhonas got a penalty, it was an innocent one. Both were on their game, and should be proud of themselves. Also, I will take out a bitch who knocked that poor boy down. Even if he did get in the way by standing on the bench.

- At one point towards the end of the game, Tyler Myers dove in front of the net. I think Jhonas is still trying to figure that one out. 

- Two rookies collided when one was leaving the bench and the other was going back. It was kind of cute, but very silly to think they were so into it they didn't see it coming. I hope Lindy doesn't take off points for that.

- I totally forgot Mike Knuble plays for the Caps now. I kind of like him, but not tonight.

- Why does Drew always look so scared during a shift? Is it Thomas? Is it Derek? Does Lindy have a battery secretly hooked up to his nipples. Sorry about the imagery. 

- I should be able to pay more attention at Wednesdays game, because I won't be texting Shelby...because she'll be sitting next to me.

1 comment:

  1. Vanek...at the disco!

    Oh, and I can't wait until Wednesday! AND THE HOME OPENER!

    ReplyDelete