Friday, September 25, 2009

I'm So Neglecting.

Sorry folks, but yesterday I was death with a Sabres shirt on. I don't have swine flu like poor Jill, but something finally brought me down. Luckily, the worse only lasted a day, now i'm just sore and congested. Oh, and like my grandpa, whenever I laugh, it leads to a coughing fit. 

Anyways!

Shelby and I had loads of fun at the pre-season game. The red carpet was spiffy, except for the lack of Craig Rivet, and Derek Roy still being allowed to dress himself. I think his suit is why GOOSE was Captain, and he was not. But other than that, everyone looked sharp and seemed to be more comfortable with the concept in comparison to last year. Joe Dipenta, who finally came out of the wood work, seemed to be a little confused...which is weird because he played in California, land of this kind of crap. He also had Tim Hortons in hand, very adorable. 

Some things from that evening. 

- Patty didn't bring his daughters, but he had a pink tie (like Hank!). I think Patty K was most hardcore into the signings, and Drew just wanted to make fun of Derek (he said what we were all thinking). 

- I loved that Adam went. But I'm sure he has a lot of time to waste, this along with his new blog. However, I bet he will be right back at the 6 week mark. Afterall, according to Jim Corsi, he's a ' hip guy.' (insert awkward laughing).

- The ONE autograph I wanted was Patty on a Penguins card I recently got. But this skank next to me (not Shelby) pushed me aside to get him to sign her Winter Classic banner. The game HE WASN'T EVEN ON OUR TEAM FOR!

- Security was suspicious of my bag. I love having to say  ' uh, a bobblehead' when he felt it. Thank god he didn't ask me to take out Toni's card, even though it was occupying the most room in that little bag. 

- Shelby and I attempted to get to the 200 level to FINALLY get a picture with Patty and Patty, but apparently even during the preseason they check tickets before you go up. And not until I just read Shelby's blog did I realize we also forgot to do it after the game (darn you, Toni Lydman!). We have time to keep forgetting...

- Goose being captain was the greatest thing since...Craig Rivet being captain. Also, his goal was totally called by Shelby and I...including Mike Grier's assist. 

- Jason Pominville looks ridiculous with the camera on his head. More so, that is. 

- Yelling at Leafs fans will never get old. I never have issues with other opposing fans, so I save it all for them. 

- I called Shelby a 'cunt-nugget' because she filmed me backing up my car in our oh-so-cheap parking lot. 

- Toni loved the bloopers video. Drewseph didn't even budge when they did the air guitar thing.

- Speaking of Drew, they finally put that man in a cage...and denied him his burrito. 

- There's probably some stuff I'm forgetting.

- Toni's mom should be proud with that woman he married. I've always thought Mrs. Lydman was a funny girl, like when she translated my Finnish sign. Wednesday night, Shelby and I gave Toni an early birthday card explaining why his present would be late (hehe). You know those ones that play music? Imagine that 6 times bigger, and thats what we had. He did stop, but we were acting too chicken shit to give it to him. But we figured we had to for it all to fall into place. So, we handed it to him and said blah blah blah it's for your birthday. He smiled and said...something, but the his wife grabbed it from him and said ' oh good, because I was going to forget it!' That's a solid hockey marriage right there!


Also!

- Timmy is going to be on the second line with Clarke opening night, and an unnamed winger. Roy, Thomas, and Drewseph are going to be the starters. I like some parts, but not others, we'll have to wait and see. 

- According to Jhonas's Facebook, he's going to Portland tomorrow. Obviously, we all knew, but still. I wonder who is next...

- Adam Mair was skating today. He had Timmys red jersey on, but he was pretty active, until he fell over. 

- Home opener is 8 days away! 8 days! Goodness gracious, that means 6 days until Shelby explodes. 


Pictures from Wednesday? Of course....    http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2222470&id=90400158&l=362c670fdc







No comments:

Post a Comment